Baked polenta fries are mixed with manchego cheese to be a delicious, crispy appetizer.
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup instant polenta (I used Colavita)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground thyme
- ½ cup shredded manchego cheese
- 1 tbsp oil (olive oil or avocado oil)
- marinara sauce (for serving)
- Bring water to boil in a high sided pot. Slowly add polenta to the pot and stir constantly until the polenta and water are mixed. Lower the heat to medium-low.
- Add salt and ground thyme to the pot. Stir frequently for about 5 minutes, or until polenta starts pulling away from the pot.
- Stir in the manchego cheese until melted.
- Pour into a 8×8 inch baking dish (sprayed with cooking spray), spread with a wet or oil covered spatula, and refrigerate for 30-45 minutes.
- Once the polenta has cooled and set, cut into 4 inch x ½ inch rectangles.
- Preheat oven to 450F. Brush or toss the polenta fries with oil. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, turning once, until golden and crisp. Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
- Prep Time: 50 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Appetizer