Try a variation of simple chicken curry by adding cauliflower. Enjoy the fragrant dish with rice or chapatti.
- 2 lbs chicken,
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 3 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3–4 red chili
- ½ cup oil
- salt, according to taste
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into small florets
- Cilantro, to garnish
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add all ingredients except cauliflower and cilantro.
- Sauté for about 5-6 minutes in medium heat. Cook covered on low-medium heat, stirring time to time to prevent burning.
- Once chicken is tender add the cauliflower and 2 cups water.
- Cook in medium heat for 10-12 minutes more until gravy thickens to your desired consistency and cauliflower is tender.
Some red chilies are very hot while others are not. Adjust the number of red chili per your taste preferences.
You may try adding variation of other starches and vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, etc.
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Bangladeshi