- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 bunch of green scallions (chopped (green and white parts))
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 1 celery stalk (finely chopped)
- 2 lbs. frozen green peas
- 1 15oz. can of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon white or yellow miso
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro (roughly chopped (stems, too!))
- 1 bunch of fresh basil (roughly chopped (stems, too))
- 1 lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil (to serve)
- Freshly ground pepper (to serve)
- Microgreens (to serve (opt.))
- In a large saucepan, heat coconut oil over medium high heat. Once pan is hot, add scallions, shallots and celery. Cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes or until ingredients have softened.
- Then, add frozen peas, coconut milk, miso, salt and 3 cups of filtered water. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in all herbs and the zest + juice of 1 lemon. Transfer mixture to vitamix/blender and puree until smooth. (*If you have an immersion blender, use it here and dirty one less dish.) Once soup is smooth, divide amongst bowls. Top with freshly ground pepper, micro greens and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Category: Appetizer