FOR THE DRESSING
- Click the link above for the recipe.
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 pound asparagus
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (dill, parsley, chives, etc.)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ingredients for dressing. Set aside.
- Wash asparagus and snap off tough end pieces. Lay in a 9×13 inch glass baking dish. Pour boiling water over asparagus to cover. Let stand until water is warm, about 10 minutes. Drain water and cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces.
- Meanwhile, bring chicken stock, turmeric and salt to a boil in a large pot. Add orzo and cook until tender, 8-10 minutes. Drain but do not rinse.
- Place the warm orzo in a large bowl and toss with the asparagus, herbs and dressing. Mix well. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side