Do surf ‘n turf, potato-style, with flavorful andouille sausage and cajun shrimp. Filled with the flavors of New Orleans, these cheesy, spiced potatoes are delicious pleasers.
- 6 large russet potatoes (scrubbed and rinsed)
- Olive oil
- 8 Tbsp 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp creole seasoning
- 1 tsp salt + more for seasoning
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 lb shrimp (peeled, cooked and chopped)
- 1/2 lb andouille sausage (chopped)
- 10 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Chopped chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat the potatoes in olive oil and season the outside with salt. Set the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour until cooked through. Remove from the oven to cool.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice the top third off of each potato. Scoop out the insides of the potatoes into a large bowl. Be sure to be very gentle so you do not break the skin of the potatoes.
- Add the butter to the bowl with the potatoes. Beat them together with an electric hand mixer, then stir in sour cream, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, creole seasoning 1 tsp salt and pepper. Gently fold in the chopped shrimp, sausage and cheese.
- Stuff each potato skin with the potato mixture. You’ll want to pile the mixture up high for each. Bake the potatoes for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Category: Side
- Cuisine: Cajun