Made with honey and Greek yogurt, this almond fig cake is soft and delightful with a sweetened whipped mascarpone topping. The almond meal cake recipe is courtesy of Sara Forte of the Sprouted Kitchen.
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Greek Yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
- ¼ Cup honey
- 2 Cups almond meal
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch of nutmeg (Optional)
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- ½ Teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Click the link above for the recipe
- Optional: handful of pistachios (roughly chopped, drizzle of honey)
- Preheat the oven to 325*.
- Grease a 9-inch round cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In one bowl, whisk eggs, and then add in vanilla, yogurt, honey, and cooled melted butter – whisk again. In another bowl, mix the almond meal, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt (and optional – pinch of nutmeg and/or cinnamon).
- Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients and pour into cake pan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown – until a knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely, and place onto a cooling rack.
- Once the cake has cooled, top it with the lemon mascarpone whipped cream, sliced figs. Optional: handful of chopped pistachios and a generous drizzle of honey. Bon appetit!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Baking, Cake