Colorful Black Eyed Pea Salad
Colorful, zesty, as a side or with chips, this black eyed pea salad is quite the versatile stunner.
- 1 14 oz. can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 15 oz. can white hominy, drained (corn can be used instead)
- 1 green or red bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped and seeded
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1-2 fresh jalapenos seeded or not (I used 1 seeded jalapeno)
- 1 cup salsa use your favorite
- 1 teaspoon salt plus more to taste as needed
Drain, chop, mince, seed all ingredients and then combine everything in a large bowl. Serve with your favorite crackers or chips or as a topping or side salad.
Cover and refrigerate overnight or several hours before serving. (I have to admit, though, this stuff is pretty great right after all ingredients are combined. And who can wait that long!)