This Sicilian mozzarella and ricotta tart is a super simple, but delicious, brunch dish.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1-1/2 cups 6 oz. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup 1 medium diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced bottled roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 Tbsp. dried basil
Let pie crust stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Combine 1-1/4 cups of Mozzarella cheese, Ricotta cheese, zucchini and roasted peppers in medium bowl.
Place pie crust on ungreased baking sheet; press out fold lines. Spread cheese mixture over crust leaving 1-inch border. Fold crust edges over filling; flute edges.
Bake in preheated 375°F oven 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Combine remaining 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese and basil. Sprinkle mixture over tart; let stand 10 minutes before cutting into wedges. Serve warm or at room temperature.