Quick Spring Potato Salad
In just 30 minutes, you could be enjoying this nutritious, gluten-free spring fingerling potato salad tossed with pesto, lemon juice, bright spices, sweet tomatoes, artichokes, and fresh mozzarella.
- 2 lbs. mixed fingerling potatoes washed and cut into halves
- 1 tablespoon plus ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup store-bought pesto sauce
- 1 14-ounce can whole artichoke hearts, drained (about 8-10 artichokes)
- 8 sweet tomatoes or yellow grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup fresh mozzarella pearls
- 5 fresh basil leaves
Place potatoes in a large pot. Add enough cold water to cover by 3 inches. Stir in 1 tablespoon salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 12-15 minutes. Drain in a colander and let cool slightly.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, ½ teaspoon salt, cumin, and chili powder until homogeneous. Stir in the crushed red pepper and pesto sauce, and mix well. Add potatoes and toss to coat.
Place tossed potatoes onto a serving platter and arrange artichokes hearts, tomatoes, and mozzarella pearls on top and sides. Cover and chill in the refrigerator. Right before serving, garnish with basil leaves. Enjoy!