Zucchini and Dried Cranberry Cake
This slightly sweet cake is a great way to use up zucchini when you have a lot coming out of your garden.
- 2 eggs
- 75 ml 21/4 fl oz mild extra virgin olive oil (or 100 ml/31/2 fl oz cold-pressed organic sunflower oil)
- 80 g 23/4 oz raw coconut sugar
- 200 g 7 oz brown rice flour, sifted
- 50 g 13/4 oz buckwheat flour, sifted
- 15 g 1/2 oz organic baking powder
- 1 tablespoon bourbon vanilla powder
- 1 banana
- 2 zucchini courgettes, grated
- 1 handful dried cranberries sugar and palm oil free
Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Lightly grease and line a 22 cm (81/2 inch) springform tin with baking paper.
Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs with the olive oil and sugar. Add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon and mix until well combined.
Peel the banana and mash in a bowl using a fork. Add the flour to the banana, along with grated zucchini.
Add the dried cranberries.
Pour the batter into the tin and bake for 40 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes before lifting out carefully onto a wire rack to cool completely.