National Pinot Grigio Day: Seared Lemon Garlic Salmon
Simple to make, yet so delicious, lemon garlic salmon is the perfect recipe for impromptu dinner guests or last minute meals. Pair it with a cool glass of Cavit Pinot Grigio for perfection.
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or half and half
- 4 6 oz skinless salmon fillets (about 1-inch thick)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley minced
In a small saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
Add garlic and saute until lightly golden brown.
Pour in chicken broth and lemon juice and allow sauce to simmer for about 4 minutes.
Stir in cream and set sauce aside.
Season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper.
Heat olive oil in a large heavy non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
Once oil is hot, add salmon and cook about 3 minutes on each side.
Pour cream sauce over salmon and let cook for an additional 2 minutes.
Garnish with fresh minced parsley.