Brown Rice Bake
Loaded with Mexican flavors, this brown rice bake with beans is a delicious no-meat dish with a serving of vegetables included.
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can salt free black beans drained
- 3/4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 bottle taco sauce 16 oz. size
- half a red bell pepper chopped
- half a small onion chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or nondairy cheese
- 3 Roma tomatoes chopped
- half a bunch of fresh cilantro chopped
- optional - a few pinches of salt free taco seasoning or spices chili powder, cumin, paprika for garnish
Have the rice ready in a mixing bowl or the pot you cooked it in. If you're making instant rice, follow the instructions on the box for 4 servings.
Turn the oven on to 350.
Have a 9" x 9" baking pan ready. Grease the inside with cooking spray or a little oil if it's not nonstick.
Add the beans, corn, taco sauce, pepper and onion to the rice. Stir everything together.
Spread the rice mixture evenly in the baking pan. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
Bake for 30 minutes. Top each portion with tomato and cilantro, and enjoy.