Mango Salsa and Crab Cakes
These crab cakes are soft, flavorful and served with a sweet and savory mango salsa that pairs perfectly with a glass of Beaujolais white wine.
- 1/2 Pound Lump Blue Crabmeat
- 1/2 Medium Red Onion - thinly chopped
- 1/4 Medium Green Bell Pepper - thinly chopped
- 1/2 Small Jalapeño - thinly chopped - optional
- 1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/3 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 Large Egg - whisked
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil plus more as needed
- Lemon wedges for serving
- 4 Tbsp Tartar Sauce - in a small ziploc bag
- 1/2 Ripe Mango - chopped
- 1/2 Jalapeno - chopped
- 1/4 Red Onion - chopped
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- Salt - as per taste
In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined.
Gently, form into patties and arrange on a parchment lined plate.
Heat a non-stick pan and add 3 tbsp oil.
Add patties and cook, rotating and flipping occasionally until evenly browned and crispy on both sides (takes about 10-12 minutes). Lower heat at any point to prevent burning, and add more oil or butter as needed if pan goes dry.
Transfer the cooked crab cakes to serving plate.
Now take the ziploc bag (filled with tartar sauce) and snip it on one end.
Pipe the tartar sauce over the crabcake.
Make the Mango Salsa:
Combine all the ingredient in a bowl and stir evenly.
Transfer to serving bowl.
Place the mango salsa bowl along with the crabcakes and serve immediately.