Apple Walnut Blondies with Whiskey Caramel
They're rich, decadent and can be made in one bowl. Introducing apple walnut blondies topped with a whiskey caramel sauce, a perfect fall dessert.
For the Caramel
- Click the link above for the recipe.
For the Blondies
- 13 tablespoons 185 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 1 2/3 cup 330 grams packed brown sugar, light or dark
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cup 245 grams all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 medium apples peeled, cored, and chopped (I used MacIntosh)
- 3/4 cup 85 grams walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Liberally butter an 8-inch square baking pan.
In a large bowl, use a sturdy spoon to stir together the butter, brown sugar, salt, and vanilla until well combined and smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, and stir until completely combined.
Add the flour, baking powder and baking soda, and cinnamon. Stir until well combined. Fold in the apples and walnuts.
Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in the pan then cut into 9 or 16 pieces. Serve with warm caramel.