Savory Mushroom, Apple and Sunflower Toast
Feel free to add a drizzle of Greek yogurt or some crumbles of goat cheese.
- 3 slices of toasted sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup Sunbutter No Sugar Added
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes we have also used curry powder and paprika in this recipe
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms we used cremini, but feel free to get creative with what is available at your market
- 1/4 cup onion sliced (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 sweet red apple diced
- 3 roasted garlic cloves sliced or quartered
- 1 teaspoon Thyme dried
- 3 fried eggs optional
Heat the olive oil in a medium-high skillet.
Meanwhile, stir together the sunflower butter and chili flakes and spread onto toasts.
Sauté mushrooms and sliced onions, if using. Add in the pinch of salt and apples at the end so they are just barely cooked.
Top toasts with mushrooms and apples. Add a clove of roasted garlic to each toast and sprinkle with dried thyme and a dash of sea salt, if desired. Top with fried eggs and enjoy!