Crispy Korean Tofu
Spicy and sweet, this crispy Korean tofu is a savory treat for the tastebuds.
- 1 package of extra firm tofu cut into 1 inch cubes and dried with paper towels
- 1 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of gochujang Korean chili paste
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon of Korean chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds
Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
Toss the tofu cubes in a bowl with the cornstarch until all pieces are evenly coated.
Put cubes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat and cook for 20 minutes, flip the cubes then cook for 20 more minutes until lightly golden brown and crispy.
When there are a few minutes left with the tofu, mix all ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until the sauce bubbles and thickens.
Toss the tofu in the sauce and serve topped with sesame seeds.