PARTNER POST — TrySwedish Thursdays is a culinary collaboration between TrySwedish, West Sweden, Gothenburg and Sweden’s most famous and loved cheese Västerbottensost®. Discover the edible delights of the land.
This no-churn ice cream with yogurt and Swedish Västerbottensost cheese is sweet, creamy, and bright with berries and a fun tangy flavor from the added dairies. A perfect cool treat to use summer berries.
Not sure what Västerbottensost is? Learn about the unique cheese from our article here.
- 10 cl (35 ounces by volume) grated Västerbottensost
- 200 g (7 ounces) white chocolate
- 10 cl (3.5 fluid ounces) double cream
- 40 cl (14 fluid ounces) Greek yoghurt
- 200 g (7 ounces) raspberries
- Chop the chocolate into pieces and melt into the cream while stirring in a saucepan. Then add the cheese. Mix the raspberries roughly with hand blender and fold in together with the yoghurt. Pour into a mould and place in the freezer 2–3 hours. Stir a couple of times during the time.
- Do you want a creamier ice cream with raspberry ripple? Then, run the ice cream paste for a few seconds in the mixer after 1½ – 2 hours. Save 10 cl of the mixed raspberries, and stir them in before you let the ice cream freeze completely solid.
Lindsey Olsson Shamshoian
A.V. OLSSON TRADING CO., INC.
VICE PRESIDENT, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
T: +1 203-969-2090 | M: +1 203-253-3738
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. As an international online culinary magazine with the ambition to truly change the face of online food media we hope to create an inspiring place for serious culinary debate, salivating recipes, interesting food news and international food-fun.