Tramezzini are popular triangle Italian sandwiches. Hazelnuts and tofu fill this rendition for a delightfully nutty bite with plenty of protein.
Recipe from PANINI: THE SIMPLE TASTES OF ITALIAN STYLE BREAD (New Holland Publishers)
Do not be afraid to alternate vegetarian and vegan ideas in your daily diet, or have concerns that it will sacrifice taste. You will discover a mosaic of flavors, fragrances and colors that will surprise you.
Try these super easy and quick veggie tramezzini with spicy tofu. You will not be disappointed.
- 200 g 7 oz spicy tofu
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- a handful of toasted hazelnuts
- 4 slices white crustless tramezzini
- Cut tofu into cubes and blend it in a blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend further.
- Spread tofu cream on slices of tramezzini and cut in half diagonally.
Veronica is a born and raised Italian. She inherited her love for travel, passion for cooking and natural, sustainable, healthy slow food from her parents. Her works have appeared in 'Vegetarian Living', 'Veggie Magazine', 'Lifestyle food', 'Australian Good Food & Travel Guide', 'Chickpea' and 'Free from Heaven', among others. She is the author of "Panini: the simple tastes of Italian style bread"; 'The Rustic Italian bakery", "The Vegetarian Italian Kitchen" and "A Modern Italian table", published by New Holland Publishers Australia.