A sweet, tart, and refreshing sip of spring.
This libation is sweet, tart, and refreshingly delicious. It is the liquid embodiment of spring with a boozy touch. It is the perfect way to start and end your weekend, and gulp during of course. In case you are too young to consume alcohol, or simply want a virgin rendition of this drink, it can easily be made non-alcoholic. Simply replace the champagne and vodka with Sprite, sparkling water, club soda, or a combination of the three.
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Fresh Strawberries – quarter or halved (depending on size)
- 1 Cup Key Lime Juice
- 1 Cup Strawberry Vodka
- 1 Cup Champagne (or Sparkling Wine)
- Key Lime Wedges
- Ice Cubes or Crushed Ice
- Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan and place over high heat. Bring to a boil. Cook until water turns clear. (This should happen immediately). Remove from heat.
- Add strawberries and let seep in sugar water (simple syrup) for at least 20 minutes, or until syrup is room temperature.
- Use an immersion blender to puree strawberry simple syrup, or transfer syrup to a blender to puree. Transfer to a fine mesh strainer placed over a large pot or container and strain syrup. Discard strawberry seeds.
- To strawberry simple syrup add key lime juice, vodka and champagne.
- Fill glasses with ice and pour in strawberry key-limeade cocktail. Garnish with strawberries and key lime wedges. Enjoy immediately.