A sweet, tart, and refreshing sip of spring.
This libation is sweet, tart, and refreshingly delicious. It is the liquid embodiment of spring with a boozy touch. It is the perfect way to start and end your weekend, and gulp during of course. In case you are too young to consume alcohol, or simply want a virgin rendition of this drink, it can easily be made non-alcoholic. Simply replace the champagne and vodka with Sprite, sparkling water, club soda, or a combination of the three.
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Fresh Strawberries – quarter or halved depending on size
- 1 Cup Key Lime Juice
- 1 Cup Strawberry Vodka
- 1 Cup Champagne or Sparkling Wine
- Key Lime Wedges
- Ice Cubes or Crushed Ice
- Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan and place over high heat. Bring to a boil. Cook until water turns clear. (This should happen immediately). Remove from heat.
- Add strawberries and let seep in sugar water (simple syrup) for at least 20 minutes, or until syrup is room temperature.
- Use an immersion blender to puree strawberry simple syrup, or transfer syrup to a blender to puree. Transfer to a fine mesh strainer placed over a large pot or container and strain syrup. Discard strawberry seeds.
- To strawberry simple syrup add key lime juice, vodka and champagne.
- Fill glasses with ice and pour in strawberry key-limeade cocktail. Garnish with strawberries and key lime wedges. Enjoy immediately.
Hi there! My name is Cheyanne. I am an avid foodie, culinary school graduate, recipe developer and newbie blogger. I find peace and joy being in the kitchen and am obsessed with feeding anyone who has an appetite. I am also a lover of food porn. I picked up a camera one day and fell in love with food photography. Then I got a wack-a-me-me idea to start a food blog and the rest is history. No Spoon Necessary is a place where I share my passion for food and photography with all who care to join me. I also rant, ramble on and share my life a little. In a world filled with so many talented food bloggers, I am simply trying to carve my space in www dot com land, take you all with me on the crazy ride and cook 'n eat some delicious food along the way! So, strap on that apron and work some culinary magic with me. Cheers!