Imagine a velvety avocado spread on a soft ciabatta and piled high with shrimps. Stop imagining. Here’s the recipe.
If you love prawns or shrimps; if you love the creamy texture of avocados and mayonnaise; if you so prefer to have some crunchy greens as company; if you embrace the simplicity of a sandwich meal – this is the recipe for you.
- Cumin: 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: 1/4 tsp
- Olive oil: 2 tsp
- Shrimp: 20 peeled and deveined
- Avocado: 1
- Mayonnaise: 1/2 cup
- Lime juice: 1
- Salt: 1/4 tsp
- Bun any long buns or ciabatta: 2, halved
- Lettuce: 4 leaves
- Mix cumin, chilli powder, salt and olive oil with shrimps. Toss to coat evenly.
- Heat pan on medium heat. Cook shrimps for 1 min on each side till red. Set aside.
- Blend avocado, mayonnaise, lime juice and salt till smooth.
- Spread avocado mixture on both halves of buns.
- Place 2 lettuce leaves on top of spread on each bun. Place about 8 – 10 shrimps on lettuce per bun to serve.
The whole process of toiling in the kitchen and later taking pictures of what comes of it is a symbiosis of my hobbies – a perfectly crafted deal for me. All of these hobbies allow me to learn something new every day. When it comes to food and cooking, I love trying out a bit of everything (that’s my style) – from learning how to cook and plate in Michelin style to attempting local Singaporean dishes at home; from replicating remote flavours and delights to retaining family legacies and traditional essences. I hope to share my passion and joy with the larger community of food and photography bloggers and enthusiasts out there.