This healing and aromatic tea is a mix of soothing spices, rose and saffron. The ‘chai tea-mix’ can be made at home and can be stored for months. Perfect to serve on Valentine’s Day or any cozy occasion.
This Saffron – Rose Chai Tea Recipe is my perfect recipe to start your Valentine’s Day. First of all, who wouldn’t love to wake up to a tea like this and if you plan to surprise that someone in bed with this one, it’s surely going to make your day!
It’s a mildly fragrant and soothing tea with just the right notes/mix of spices that absolutely refreshes you in every sip.
Growing up in India, I’ve seen that ‘Tea’ is one such magical word which brings a smile to everyone’s face and people are ready to drink it anytime of the day. Now, this particular version of tea with spices is most commonly known as ‘Masala Chai’ in India.
Now once your masala tea/tea-mix is ready, you can add a number of flavors to it and that’s exactly what I do. My ‘Chai Tea Mix’ or ‘Masala Chai’ ingredient remains the same and I just keep adding or removing different flavors/spices.
Since I looooove this mild-fragrant tea, I’ve made a huge batch of this Saffron – Rose Chai Tea mix and kept in an air-tight jar in my kitchen cabinet.
The tea mix is absolutely customizable, if you don’t like a particular spice, you can definitely remove it from the list or add a little bit more of a particular spice you like. Sometimes, I even add an extra sprinkle of cinnamon on top too.
Rose and Saffron Chai Tea
Chai-Tea Mix Ingredient: (Can be mixed and stored for months)
- 1 Cup Loose Black Tea* - see notes below
- 1 Tsp Crushed Saffron
- 7-8 Dried Rose Petals - store-bought or homemade
- 1/2 Tsp Dry Ginger Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Green Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Nutmeg Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Cloves Powder
- Dash of Pepper Powder
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Milk - use milk as per choice vegan/non-vegan
- Sugar or Sweetener - as per choice
- 2 Crushed Dried Rose Petals
- Few Strands of Crushed Saffron
- Take a large bowl and add all the 'Chai-Tea' ingredients.
- Use a whisk/fork to mix it evenly.
Make the Tea:
- Add 2 cups water into a pan and bring to a boil.
- Add the chai-tea mix and boil for 3-4 minutes over low flames.
- Add milk, sugar and let it boil for another minute.
- Strain the tea into cups.
- Sprinkle some crushed saffron and rose petals on top.
- Serve immediately.
I’m a Food Blogger who’s extensively travelled the World to learn about new cuisines/culture/spices. My recipes are light, easy to cook and filled with flavours. I can help you make everyday meal look gourmet and in the budget.