A fresh and fruity mocktail choice sure to be a crowd pleaser.
While the base ingredients for this beverage remain the same, you can spruce it up with the soda of your choice (but a clear one would be better to make sure that drink looks refreshingly cool).
I’ve used Sprite but you could use plain soda and if a pronounced ginger flavour is what you think will be loved by your guests then pour in Ginger Ale and you’re good to go!
You can even turn this mocktail into a cocktail by replacing the soda with vodka or combining both.
This drink is so highly customizable, you can actually keep an assortment of these bottles and based on the preferences of your guests, serve them accordingly!
Everyone stays happy!
For the Ginger – Mint Simple syrup:
- 100 grams sugar
- 50 mls water
- 2 inch long ginger peeled and quartered.
- 5-6 sprigs of mint chopped
For the Mocktail:
- 150 mls freshly squeezed orange juice
- 75 mls freshly squeezed lime juice
- 100 mls freshly made pomegranate juice.
- 200 mls Sprite or soda, Ginger Ale, Vodka or a combination of Vodka and any other soda
- First make the simple syrup. In a large saucepan, add the sugar, water, ginger and mint.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally and making sure that all of the sugar has dissolved.
- Take it off the heat and add the orange and lime juice.
- Stir well and put it into the freezer for 15 – 20 minutes to chill.
- In a tall glass, add 5-6 ice cubes, about 35 millilitres or a little less than half a cup of the orange-lime and ginger simple syrup, about 1-2 tablespoons of pomegranate juice and the soda or vodka based on how much you’d like to fill the glass up. This can be customized as per your liking.
- Garnish with a few arils of pomegranate and a wedge of orange and serve.
Just a simple girl with a fancy camera and a well greased cake tin.