A warming Italian dish perfect to bring comfort to the coming winter.
photo by G. Giustolisi
This is one of the classic dishes of the Italian winter. The pastina in brodo vegetale is not only nutritious, but is suitable for small children or for a light dinner that warms you during the cold winters.
The homemade vegetable broth is very easy to prepare and, if made with flavorful vegetables, has a truly unique taste. Also suitable for risotto, it can be prepared in quantity and then be frozen. The suggestion is to fill the molds for ice and, once frozen, transfer the cubes in plastic bags for food. In this way, the ice will not ruin the flavor of the broth.
- 1 liter of water
- 1 organic onion
- 1 organic carrot
- 1 organic stalk celery
- sea salt to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- 400 g (17oz) pastina
- Parmigiano cheese to taste
- Peel the onion and scrape the carrot. Wash all vegetables, to remove any impurities (except for the onion) and cut in half.
- Put the water in a large pot, add all the vegetables and cook for 30 minutes over low heat, with the lid to enhances the cooking of vegetables.
- Once the cooking time, remove the vegetables. Add the salt and the pasta, leaving cook according to the time suggested in the package of pasta of your choice.
- When cooked, add the oil. Sprinkle with grated Parmigiano and serve hot.