Another matcha recipe that doesn’t make it into tea.
Ah matcha, the Japanese green tea powder that was once reserved for sacred and special occasions. Now every food and mommy blogger from here (wherever “here” is for you) to Tokyo has bastardized this once special ingredient. Mixing it into everything from cupcakes to dog treats. So I decided to jump on this bandwagon of cultural appropriation through food and make my own matcha recipe.
I’m all for exploring other cultures through food and regional ingredients, but this matcha thing has gone too far people. We get it, you enjoy mixing some into your kale and unhappiness smoothies every morning, but that doesn’t mean you get to put it in everything. Once the TODAY show highlights an ingredient, it’s no longer relevant to food culture, the ingredient has reached maximum cultural saturation.
- 2 teaspoons Matcha
- ½ cup Artisan Water (nah just kidding cold tap water is fine)
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- Add all the ingredients to medium sized sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil while stirring occasionally.
- Take off heat, and let cool. Store in an airtight container.
- Mix into a cocktail of your choosing or making of your choice (I can't come up with all the ideas here). Enjoy!