Kimchi: Fermented cabbage and radish pickle made with Chinese cabbage and some spices. The fermented vegetables along with chili taste amazing and filled with lip-smacking flavors.
This is the first time I tried making kimchi and totally loved it. In fact, I already finished the two jars that were made recently. I am definitely going to make another batch real soon.
- 1 Chinese cabbage cut in strips
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 " ginger piece minced
- 4-5 scallions roughly chopped
- 1 cup radish grated
- 1/4 cup <g class="gr_ gr_56 gr-alert gr_spell gr_disable_anim_appear ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="56" data-gr-id="56">chilli</g> powder
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- Wash the cabbage leaves thoroughly under running water.
- Place the cabbage in a vessel and sprinkle some salt over the cabbage for 2-3 hours.
- Now fill the vessel with cold water and leave it for 6 to 12 hours. Drain it from water in a colander and set it aside.
- In another bowl add ginger, garlic, <g class="gr_ gr_52 gr-alert gr_spell gr_disable_anim_appear ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="52" data-gr-id="52">chilli</g>, powder, <g class="gr_ gr_53 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_disable_anim_appear Style multiReplace" id="53" data-gr-id="53">salt ,</g> sugar and vinegar. Mix well to combine.
- Combine the drained cabbage, scallions, and radish in a bowl.Add the kimchi paste and mix well.
- Place the kimchi into <g class="gr_ gr_54 gr-alert gr_spell gr_disable_anim_appear ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="54" data-gr-id="54">sterilised</g> glass jars. Cover the lid and let it ferment for 2-3 days. Shake in between and store in the refrigerator.
- Serve and enjoy.
I am Sapana Behl a stay at home mom of two lovely princesses,a passionate foodie and an enthusiastic food blogger.