- 4 ounces chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- ? teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 32 ounces soda water (chilled)
- Combine ginger, 2 cups water, turbinado sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat, and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Cool completely; strain ginger syrup through a fine sieve.
- For each serving of ginger beer, combine 2 ounces ginger syrup, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, and 8 ounces chilled soda water in a tall glass.
- Category: Drink, Soda, Virgin