- 2 lb beef (cubed and freshly slaughtered)
- 2 tea spoon Turmeric
- 1 table spoon Salt
- Thread and needle
- Rub the turmeric and salt on all sides of the beef pieces thoroughly.
- Submerge meat pieces in water and boil until tender.
- Strain all the water.
- Disinfect the thread and the needle by putting it in boiling water for 3-4 minutes.
- Needle the beef cubes into the thread and sun dry for 4-5 days.
- Store in airtight container for 3-4 months.
- You may dry the meat in oven for 7-8 hours in low hear (100F) if you live in a colder area and don’t necessarily get the blazing sun heat.
- Soak shutki in water for 5-6 hours and cook like beef rezala with no gravy.
- You can double of triple the recipe easily.
- Category: Main