On a warm day, enjoy a cool, crunchy vibrant carrot salad with simple Sicilian flavor such as capers and oregano.
Capers and oregano are a few of the basic ingredients of Sicilian cuisine. Simple ingredients, but so rich in flavor that they give personality to the simplest dishes.
Crunchy, colorful and tasty, this salad is ideal during hot weather. The rice cheese, especially in summer, is a light and delicious ingredient. It can be replace with any cheese that is not too creamy, such as goat cheese or feta.
Love Italian cuisine? Check out my other recipes.
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano
- 4 carrots
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 5 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g (3½ oz) rice cheese, cut into cubes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Desalinate the capers under running water. Peel the garlic and cut into wedges. Wash, dry and cut oregano.
- Wash and clean the carrots and go on a grater with large holes.
- Put the carrots in a bowl, add the capers, garlic, oregano, vinegar, a pinch of salt, rice cheese, cut into cubes, the lemon juice and stir.