Lake Como is a quieter culinary destination in Italy. Try Chef Micheles delicious burrata and squid pasta in your home.
Burrata Stuffed Tortelli from Villa D'Este, Lake Como Chef Michele Zambanini
Lake Como is a quieter culinary destination. Stay at the renovated Villa D'Este for comfort and exquisite food.
Author: Chef Michele Zambanini of Villa D'Este
Recipe Type: Primi, Pasta
- Your favorite recipe for fresh pasta dough
- gr 250 ( 9 oz) burrata cheese
- gr 20 ( 1 oz) extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 medium size squids
- Gr 100 ( 3 ½ oz ) chickpeas of Spello
- 1 garlic clove
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Dry white wine
- Fish stock
- Salt and pepper
- Chop the Burrata cheese with a knife. Add the olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll out the pasta as thick as desired, then cut in discs of 8 cm each side.
- Place stuffing in the center and close.
- Soak the chickpeas in water for a couple of hours then cook them in salted water.
- In a pan sauté in olive oil the garlic very thinly sliced and the squids cut in small pieces.
- Sprinkle with white wine, let it evaporate and add fish stock.
- Cook for a few minutes until fish stock is almost evaporated.
- Place the sauce in the center of the dish, add tortelli and garnish with chickpeas.