Sip something fun this summer and relax with Portugal’s Casal Garcia wines. Fun enough for a gathering and versatile enough to pair with easy patio meals.
Quickly cook up a syrup made with summer’s blueberries and you are halfway to an ice cold wine cooler made with a crisp Vinho Verde.
This wine spritzer recipe with blueberries and lemon takes your summer drinks to the next level with an easy homemade blueberry simple syrup. Made in minutes, you have a refreshing drink to celebrate the summer.
Refreshing, cooling, and oh so delicious. That is exactly how I would describe the blueberry wine spritzer I’m bringing to you today.
And just in time . . . it has been sooo hottt the past couple weeks. Here in Michigan, we don’t just get the heat; we get the humidity on top of it.
Humidity that just hangs on every movement you make outside. Humidity so high you feel like you’ve taken a shower by merely walking to your mailbox. And it’s not a refreshing, cooling shower. // Oh I wish. No, it’s hot, muggy, and feels like you’ve gained twenty pounds.
Cold, refreshing drinks are a must to get through this. Oh, and spending every waking hour at the beach to get an actual breeze to cool down.
First things first, there is a blueberry simple syrup you can make with just TWO-Ingredients. It will knock your socks off how easy and how much flavor (not to mention beautiful color) it adds to your wine spritzer.
Add: Blueberries, Water, Sugar.
Boil them together, and the magic will happen in front of your eyes. Blueberries will break down, their beautiful color will come forth, and you are left with a sweet simple syrup. #ItsThatEasy
Now you can strain this blueberry simply syrup (liquid gold) to rid it of the leftover blueberries. I personally keep them in there–love chowing them down after I finish my drink.
We can’t waste blueberries. Especially Michigan blueberries. Michigan blueberries are by far the best in the states. // Yes, I live here and am totally biased.
Once you have your liquid blueberry simple syrup gold, you need three more simple ingredients: White Wine, Soda Water, and Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice.
Voila! Let’s finish off this summer RIGHT.
Celebrate summer with a refreshing poke bowl video recipe that pairs perfectly with Casal Garcia’s crisp wines.
- ½ cup ice cubes
- 2 ounces blueberry simple syrup
- 2 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 4 ounces carbonated soda water
- 5 ounces chilled Casal Garcia Vinho Verde
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- ½ cup water
- To create blueberry simple syrup, add blueberries, sugar, water in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until blueberries break down. About 2-4 minutes.
- You can strain out blueberries through a strainer OR keep them in there. **
- Allow blueberry simple syrup to fully cool.
- In a 13 ounce glass add ice, blueberry simple syrup, lemon juice, club soda and white wine. Garnish with additional lemon slice, fresh blueberries; serve immediately.