A delicious, bubbly, and fruity celebration cocktail fit for a toast.
Homemade mixed berry sorbet topped with prosecco or champagne makes an elegant cocktail for a celebration. If you are having guests over this mixed berry sorbet and prosecco cocktail will certainly have them smiling. One of the best things about this recipe is that you can use any fruit of choice to make the sorbet.
- Author: ChiChi Dodoo
- Yield: 3 -4 drinks 1x
- Category: Cocktail
- 160 ml 2/3 cup water
- 130 g 2/3 cup sugar
- 250 g frozen mixed berries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Mixed Berry Sorbet with Prosecco
- Mixed berry Sorbet
- 1 bottle of Processo or Champagne or sparking drink
- Stir water and sugar in a saucepan over a low heat until sugar has completely dissolved.
- Bring sugar syrup to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Puree berries in food processor or blender until smooth.
- Over a large bowl, pour the berry puree into a fine mesh sieve and push the puree through the sieve using a rubber spatula to remove most of the seeds from the berries. Set puree aside.
- Stir sugar syrup into berry puree. Mix in lemon juice
- Prepare the berry sorbet using an ice cream make according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.
- Scoop into a container and freeze until solid.
- Dollop 1 ice cream scoop of frozen sorbet into a champagne flute and pour chilled prosecco over the top. Serve immediately.
Originally, from Ghana in West Africa, Chichi lives and works in London, Uk with her family. A sudden unusual love and passion for all things cake and baking introduced her to the world of blogging. ChiChi is the writer and photographer behind the blog Cakes By Chichi where she shares recipes, tutorials and photos of food she has made.