PARTNER POST: Dive into the 120 days of summer with Santa Rita wines that pair perfectly with the foods of the season, straight off the grill.
Head outside and make these sinfully easy and delicious chicken skewers doused in spices and a simple barbecue sauce. Enjoy on the patio with a Chilean wine for a perfect pair.
It’s grilling season! Grilled Chicken Skewers are one of my favorite foods off the grill. I always love making my favorite carnival foods at home and these chicken skewers were a great way to kick off the season.
One of my favorite parts about grilling is that we can also dine outside. We bring all our fixings out to the picnic table & enjoy some amazing food, the hubs & I pour a glass of wine and we just feast. For this we chose Santa Rita 120 Hero’s Reserve Red Blend & Santa Rita 120 Sauvignon Blanc from Chile because one of the things he remembers most about the summer was his parents always having wine with whatever they had grilled.
Along with our usual seasonings, we added Badia Complete Seasoning, which made the chicken so incredibly flavorful.
For more grilling inspiration with Santa Rita, check out this grilled Chilean chicken and pebre sauce.
- Author: Gina Kleinworth
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main
- 4–5 lbs chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp of each of the following…
- Badia Complete Seasoning (salt, pepper, season salt & granulated garlic)
- *Optional BBQ sauce for drizzling
- Preheat grill to high heat (400 degrees or so)
- Remove chicken from packaging & slice into thin strips
- Fold each strip in an accordion-like pattern & stick on a metal skewer
- Place on a baking sheet
- Combine seasonings in a small bowl & sprinkle liberally over all sides of chicken
- Once grill is hot, place chicken on & allow to sear 60 seconds on each side
- Turn down heat to medium & continue cooking until juices run clear (5-7 minutes each side)
- If you want to add sauce- either brush on after fully cooked or drizzle
Gina is the author & photographer behind Kleinworth & Co. She is a homeschooling mom to 3 and devoted wife with a passion for all things creative. Gina lives in Northern Idaho but is a So Cal native & spent 12 years living in various parts of the Nevada desert. Kleinworth & Co is a creative blog where Gina shares recipes, gift ideas, crafts, simple & cost effective ways to decorate your home, creative & fun projects for the kids & photography tips. Come visit to learn, share & get inspired on a budget.