- ¾ cup coconut vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 small cucumbers (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- ½ cup chopped shallots
- 10 ounces cremini mushrooms (quartered)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 baguette (cut into four slices)
- 2 7- ounce packages baked seasoned tofu (I used sriracha baked tofu from Trader Joe’s, cut into slices)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 radishes (thinly sliced)
- Cilantro leaves
- First, make the pickled vegetables. Mix vinegar, sugar, and salt together in a large plastic container. Add cucumbers and carrots. Set aside to pickle for at least 15 minutes.
- Next, make the mushroom pate. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add onion and shallots and saute until golden, about 7 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic and season with salt and black pepper. Saute until mushrooms are tender. Pour in white wine while scraping up the yummy browned bits on the bottom of the pan. When wine is evaporated, turn off heat and scrape mushrooms into a food processor. Blend until they form a chunky puree. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- When ready to make sandwiches, cut each baguette piece in half and toast. Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add tofu slices and sear for a minute or so on each side until lightly golden.
- Spread bottom of each baguette piece with mayonnaise. Top with radish slices and pickled vegetables. Add seared tofu slices. Top the tofu with cilantro leaves. Spread thick layer of mushroom pate on top piece of baguette then top sandwich off with the piece of bread. Enjoy!
- Category: Main