With warm tropical flavors to brighten a winter day, this yellow mango tequila cocktail is so refreshing we’ll be sipping it straight to summer.
Tequila isn’t just for margaritas. You know that, but sometimes it’s hard to thing beyond the classic (and so delicious) drink. We turned to Milagro’s Anejo Tequila for inspiration for a winter drink that is refreshing enough, we can sip it right into spring.
Shaken with lime juice, a turbinado simple syrup, pureed yellow mango and an egg white, it’s frothy, with hints of toasted coconut thanks to the anejo.
We thought we’d make a cocktail that just used a usual red mango, but then we tasted the buttery flesh of a yellow mango (honey mango at our store) and it is far superior for this drink. At your grocery store, it will be the same shape as the common red mango, but with an color that is similar to a green pear on the outside. Cut it open and you will find a pure, buttery sweetness in the velvety flesh that is free of fibrous strings that you find in the red mango.
The warm, tropical flavor of the yellow mango is the perfect compliment to the spicy, caramel notes of the anejo tequila.
If you are looking to avoid the raw egg white, top with a splash of sparkling water (or cava!) instead.
- 2 Parts Milagro Anejo Tequila
- 1 Part Yellow Mango, Pureed
- ½ Part Lime Juice (if your mango is not very ripe or sweet, decrease the lime juice or increase the simple syrup)
- ½ Part Turbinado Simple Syrup (recipe below)
- 1 Part Egg White
- Lime Wedge for Garnish
- 1 Part Turbinado Sugar
- 1 Part Water
- Combine sugar and water in a pan and bring to a simmer. Cook until sugar dissolves.
- Combine tequila, mango puree, lime juice, simple syrup, and egg white in a shaker or lidded container with ice.
- Shake until frothy.
- Strain into a glass and garnish with lime.
- *May be strained over fresh ice if desired