Need a cozy dinner idea that pairs with wine? Dive into a pot of this smoked gouda mac and cheese, paired with Spoken Barrel Cabernet Sauvignon for a bold duo.
Proudly made in Washington State, Spoken Barrel bottles two bold reds, including a flavorful Cabernet Sauvignon and complex, rich Meritage Red Blend. Highlighting the exceptional quality of grapes from Washington’s famed Columbia Valley, the resulting collection is both rugged and refined – the signature of Spoken Barrel.
Speaking of rugged and refined, what is better than a cozy pot of mac and cheese, spruced up with smoked gouda?! Make this warm recipe on the coldest and pour a glass of Washington wine to pair with it.
To go with the smoked gouda mac and cheese, we chose the Spoken Barrel Cabernet Sauvignon. This big red wine is just complex enough, with notes of dark chocolate and oak, to play well with the smokey, rich mac and cheese. It’s velvety and smooth, just like the creamy cheese pasta. Dig in!
- 1 Lb. Cavatappi Pasta
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- ½ Lb smoked Gouda, grated
- ½ lb sharp cheddar, grated
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup chopped chives , optional
- In a large deep sided skillet, bring 4 cups of water to a boil over high heat. Once, boiling add the cavatappi pasta and 1 tsp kosher salt. Bring back to a boil and stir frequently for 10 minutes, until almost all the water has been absorbed and the pasta is cooked.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients, stirring until the cheese is melted and everything is fully combined.
- Serve the mac and cheese with a sprinkling of the chives and eat immediately with Spoken Barrel Wine.