These surprisingly nutritious pancakes come together in just minutes, and are so sinfully delicious you’ll think you’re having dessert for breakfast.
By Carolyng Gomes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or half whole wheat/half all purpose)
- ½ – 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ tbsp sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Preheat a non-stick pan on medium heat.
- Toss carrot, oil, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and milk in a blender.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Add blended carrot mixture to flour mixture.
- Stir until all ingredients are incorporated. Add walnuts and stir again.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter per pancake. Wait until bubbles form on top, then flip. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve warm.