With spring arriving quickly in the Northern Hemisphere, here’s a salad that’s perfect for those in-between-days.
By Carly DeFilippo
When spring comes along, I start craving the flavors of summer, but still prefer to eat warm meals. This salad bridges the gap.
- olive oil
- one tin of anchovies (in oil)
- two garlic cloves
- a handful of chopped walnuts
- 1 yellow pepper
- ½ small head of radicchio
- a dozen grape tomatoes
- 2 large handfuls of arugula
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- parmesan shavings (to taste)
- salt, pepper (and/or gomasio)
- Heat olive oil in pan. Add chopped garlic, anchovies, walnuts. Stir to break up anchovies.
- Wash and chop the yellow pepper, add to pan.
- Wash and chop radicchio. Add to pan when the pepper has started to soften, along with a splash of apple cider vinegar and some salt.
- Wash and halve the grape tomatoes. Add to pan.
- Once tomatoes are warmed, turn off the burner. Stir arugula into pan until just wilted.
- Move warm salad contents to bowl. Dress with parmesan shavings and pepper.
- Eat while warm.