Would you like to create Carnival Cruise Line’s most requested dessert, Warm Chocolate Melting Cake, in your home kitchen? It’s a chocolaty, rich and decadent single serving cake that is more akin to a truffle than a cake. Maybe just the sweet and perfect finish to a celebratory dinner with your Valentine at home. Or just because you love chocolate.
Approximately 12 million Warm Chocolate Melting Cakes are served a year across the Carnival fleet of cruise ships making this warm, fudge-y cake a staple on Carnival Cruise Line. The recipe provided by Carnival is easy to make. Baked in four individual ramekins, you’ll have enough for seconds or whatever you decide to do with them-we won’t tell. Use the very best dark chocolate that you can get, perhaps a Scharffen Berger, Callebaut, or Valrhona for the most deep and decadent flavor.
Image: Carnival Cruise Lines
- 6 oz. Dark Chocolate
- 6 oz. Butter
- 4 ea. Eggs
- 6 oz. Sugar
- 2 oz. Flour
- 1 Tbs. Powdered Sugar
- Melt the chocolate & butter.
- Mix the eggs & sugar and whisk for few minutes, add the flour.
- Add the egg mix to the melted chocolate and mix
- Pour the mix in a greased mold.
- Bake directly in the oven at 200 C° for 14 minutes.
- Top with powdered sugar.
- Note: Make sure that the eggs are at room temperature and chocolate is warm enough while making the mixture
- Serve with ice cream and fruit garnish.