This is something you could totally serve aside chicken, steak or pork.
By Lauren Tangey
I have made this twice now.. Once as a side with poached eggs for breakfast and now, as a side for dinner. Parker, Bart and I love it.. It might just be our new favourite side dish!
- - 1 medium sized head of broccoli, stalks removed, and cut into florets
- - ½ a bunch of asparagus, woody end removed, and cut into 1cm lengths on the diagonal
- - ½ a block of good quality feta cheese, crumbled
- - lemon juice
- - olive oil
- - chilli flakes
- - salt and pepper
- In a moderately hot pan, add a good dash of olive oil, and saute until bright green and just cooked. You still want both the broccoli and asparagus to be crunchy.
- Remove the greens from the heat and place in a bowl. Dress with a squeeze of lemon juice and another dash of olive oil, a good sprinkling of chilli flakes, salt + pepper and the feta.
- Stir well to combine and plate up.
- Done – now wasn’t that easy?