The virgin bombalada – a spicy remake of the classic cocktail the virgin pina colada. Enjoy.
By Reena Pastakia
Dishoom is a relatively new Indian cafe in London serving Bombay street food. Steve and I love it and particularly recommend the vada pau and the virgin bombalada – a spicy remake of the classic cocktail the virgin pina colada. For those of you that can’t get to Dishoom this is my version of the drink – enjoy!
- 4 ice cubes
- 4 mint leaves - shredded
- 1 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon crushed cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 40 millilitres coconut milk
- 300 grams fresh ripe pineapple - cut into chunks
- 5-8 fennel seeds
- A small sprig of mint
- Place the ice cubes, mint leaves, crushed fennel and cumin, salt, coconut milk and pineapple in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a large wine glass.
- Garnish with the fennel seeds and mint
- Serve immediately with a straw.