A delicate salad that is ideal for using up thinned greens. Let the crunchy radishes with a drizzle of avocado-shallot dressing steal the show.
By Rebekah Hubbard
This salad is perfect food for a weekend of fabulous weather and relaxing. I wanted a way to use the tiny sprouts that I thinned from the garden. But I think the avocado dressing is the real highlight. We’ll definitely be finding more uses for it.
- ½ cup peeled and VERY thinly sliced watermelon radish
- ½ ripe avocado, cubed
- 1½ cups microgreens such as radish sprouts
- 1 Cara Cara orange, peeled, cut into rounds and then halves
- 1 Belgian endive, leaves separated and roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- ½ very ripe avocado
- ¼ cup best quality olive oil
- 1½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1½ Tbsp. white vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Toss all ingredients under “for the salad” in a large mixing bowl.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a bowl and use the back of a spoon to smash up the avocado as much as you can. Then, whisk until the mixture emulsifies. Between these two segments, you should have almost no avocado chunks left.
- Toss the salad ingredients with the dressing, season with salt and serve