This post is sponsored by Cavit. Inspire your pairings and recipes with new wine ideas.
Stick to your healthy eating plan that you made in January with this vegetarian lentil bolognese and enter for a chance to win a trip for two to Italy.
If you love to cook, travel and drink wine, we have the perfect contest for you to enter! Located in Northern Italy, Cavit wines wants you to experience it’s picturesque landscape of mountains, lakes, orchards, vineyards and medieval castles. Submit your tried and true Italian-inspired recipe, it can be an appetizer, entree or dessert to enter for a chance to win a trip for two to Italy with Cavit.
Want in? Click the link below, complete the entry form and submit your Italian-inspired recipe. All entries must be submitted by March 31, 2018. Good luck!
No purchase necessary. Must be 21 or older to enter. Void where prohibited. Begins 1/1/18, ends 3/31/18. Estimated retail value of the prize $5,000. For official rules and alternate method of entry, visit cavit.com/herestoitaly.
- Pappardelle or spaghetti pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ chili flakes
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 4 cups pureed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (optional)
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh basil, to finish
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Heat a large saucepot over medium heat. Saute the onions, garlic, carrots and red pepper until soft.
- Add pureed tomatoes, paste, mushrooms and eggplant to the pan. Also stir in dried herbs and allow the sauce to reduce and develop flavor.
- Stir in lentils and cook until heated through.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper.
- Serve lentil sauce over pasta and garnish with herbs.