Dig into Amie Valpone’s Pecan Pear Crisp – it’s vegan, healthy and sure to please all tastes.
By Amie Valpone
Here’s a quick and easy gluten-free and vegan recipe that’s sure to please your taste buds. Looking for a fresh and easy gluten-free recipe that’s naturally sweet and perfect for a simple dessert or a dinner party treat? Dig into my Pecan Pear Crisp – it’s vegan, healthy and sure to please everyone who digs in.
- Pecan Pear Crisp with Blackberries
- Gluten-Free, Soy Free and Vegan
- Kid Tested and For a More Sophisticated Palate
- ½ cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- ¼ cup packed light-brown sugar
- ⅓ tsp. salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 ½ Tbsp. vegan butter, chilled
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1 cup ground pecans
- ½ cup gluten-free oats
- 4 lbs. pears, sliced into ½ inch chunks
- 1 cup blackberries
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- ½ tsp. fresh orange zest
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Greek plain yogurt, for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, salt, and sugar. Cut vegan butter into flour; mix well using hands. Add flax seeds, pecans and oats; continue to mix with hands until well combined.
- In a separate large bowl, toss pears and blackberries with almond milk, orange juice, orange zest, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Transfer pear mixture to a shallow baking dish, and sprinkle with flour mixture.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; set aside to cool before serving.
- Serve warm with a dollop of Greek plain yogurt.