PARTNER POST: Let Pomì’s premium quality, Italian tomatoes bring the fresh and healthful taste of Italy to your cooking, no matter the cuisine or season.
What could be easier, more delicious, and comforting than pasta for dinner? Check out this Vegan Creamy Tomato Sauce Pasta. We’re sure you will love it.
Is it just me who sometimes just wishes that dinner would make itself? For such days, this recipe is a lifesaver. If you’re looking for something simple but scrumptious at the same time, this is it! The flavorful pasta sauce comes together quick and it requires ingredients that you probably already have on hand!
You know how much I stand for good quality and natural products. I was so glad when these Pomi strained tomatoes came along my way. The one and only ingredient is fresh tomatoes grown in Italy. No preservatives, salt, sugar or artificial flavors. And that’s all stored in a BPA free container. You can get your $1 off coupon for any Pomi product here!
Combination of the fresh tomatoes, olive oil, sauteed onions, garlic, white wine, and creamy plant based milk makes the most delicious, bursting with flavor pasta sauce.
MY FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT THIS VEGAN CREAMY TOMATO SAUCE PASTA:
Free of gluten and refined sugar
Easy to make
Comforting and Satisfying
What’s really awesome is that you can make it ahead, store it in the fridge for up to 5 days and heat up anytime you get hungry! This way you’ll have a simple and balanced meal that is ready for the busiest weeknights. To serve, toss the sauce in the pasta and top it off with chopped fresh basil.
- 1 pound gluten free spaghetti or pasta of choice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion (about half)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups Pomi strained tomatoes
- ⅓ cup dry white wine such like Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio etc.
- ½ cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- 1 tbsp birch xylitol or sweetener of choice
- ½ tsp dry basil
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- 1-1.5 tsp pink himalayan salt or to taste
- black pepper
- fresh basil, chopped
- Prepare pasta according tot he package instruction and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat up olive oil. Add chopped onion along with a ½ tsp of salt, sautee for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in minced garlic and cook for additional 1 or 2 minutes.
- Pour in the tomato sauce, white wine and milk.
- Add sweetener, dry basil, chili flakes, remaining salt and pepper to taste. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer. Let the sauce simmer for about 20-25 minutes while stirring occasionally.