If you’re making just one serving try grinding your pesto with a mortar and pestle. Any more than that and you’re better off with a food processor.
By Siri Pulipaka
- few raw almonds
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- about ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 cloves of fresh garlic, peeled
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt - to taste
- red pepper flakes
- Lightly dry roast almonds. Cool and keep aside.
- In a mortar, add almonds and pound them until coarse powder.
- Add basil leaves, peeled garlic and salt.
- Add olive oil little by little and make a paste out of the ingredients. Adjust seasoning and add lemon juice.
- Boil your favorite pasta. Heat a tbsp of olive oil in a pan, add pesto and pasta. Toss together. Mix in red pepper flakes and Serve.