It’s true. We can’t stop dipping into this smooth, flavorful, vegan black bean dip.
Black bean dip is the perfect spicy, creamy dip that is incredibly satisfying. It is naturally dairy-free and full of healthy ingredients. Black beans are considered a legume and part of both the protein and vegetable group. They also provide dietary fiber and important nutrients such as iron and zinc. I love their texture when pureed and they absorb flavor well. This zesty dip is perfect for serving with raw veggies or chips. It can even be used as a healthy spread for your sandwich or wrap.
I hope this recipe inspires you to incorporate black bean dip into your appetizer/spread rotation. If you give this recipe a try, please let me know by leaving a comment and rating it! And don’t forget to take a picture and tag it @eatingbyelaine and #eatingbyelaine so I can see!
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ jalapeno (~ 1 tablespoon diced), seeds removed*
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained (~ 15 ounces)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon agave**
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Place all ingredients in food processor in the order listed above. Puree until smooth and creamy. You may need to scrape down the sides with a spatula.
- Serve with your favorite veggies (such as radishes and carrots) or chips.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, avocado and red onion if desired.
** Agave is optional - I like it for a touch of sweetness but some prefer the dip without. I like it paired with the spicy of the jalapeno, pungent garlic flavor and the zesty lime juice.