Also known as BBTTS, these bacon, basil, tomato, and turkey sliders are a delicious stack perfect dinner any night of the week.
We’ve all had a BLT in our lifetime, right?!? (me minus the mayo and adding some avocado) Well, this is a spin off of those, using basil instead of lettuce and adding in a tiny little turkey burger to make them BBLTs….or better known as, Bacon and Basil Tomato Turkey Sliders. It’s a mouthful, I know. But it’s completely necessary to list all of the ingredients when you share them with your friends because every single one deserves that nod of respect…
So I’m pretty sure that I’ve talked with you before about the fact that I have a thing for sandwiches. As in, I’m completely obsessed with the idea of spending an entire day (or week?) coming up with and making a gazillion different combinations, to put between a gazillion different types of bread, with a gazillion types of spreads, both healthy and not. There’s something so satisfying to me about picking up food with both hands, no utensils involved, and taking a delicious bite in the most rudimentary way possible. It’s bringing it back to basics in the best way, and in the first way we all learned to eat in the first place.
We’ve got the saltiness from the burgers and the bacon, the sweetness from the tomato and brioche, and the spiciness from the mustard and the basil. They are the perfect little handheld feast and super fun to make when entertaining because everyone can join in the fun of building their own. Serve along side some crisp veggies and crunchy kettle chips and you’re good to go!! Oh, and don’t forget the beer ? ENJOY!
Love sandwiches as much as me? Click here for more sandwich recipes.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- ½ cup small diced white onion
- ½ small jalapeño, seeded and small diced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 slices sharp swiss cheese, cut in half (or whatever cheese you desire)
- 2 campari tomatoes, sliced
- 8 slices cooked bacon, halved
- 8 large basil leaves
- 8 small brioche buns, sliced in half horizontally
- coarse dijon mustard for serving
- In a small bowl, use a fork to gently mix all of the slider ingredients together until well incorporated. Gently form 8 small slider patties with your hands and set aside on a plate.
- Heat a large cast iron to medium-high heat and cook the sliders for about 5 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the center and fully cooked. During the last minute or two of cooking, place ½ slice of swiss cheese on top of each slider to allow it to slightly melt. Remove from heat and carefully tent with foil, allowing to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Place each of the sliders onto one brioche bun, top with 2 pieces of bacon, 1 basil leaf, and 1-2 slices of tomato. Allow guests to serve themselves to the mustard. ENJOY!