The difference between an American Bloody Mary and a Canadian Caesar Cocktail is the use of Clamato juice instead of plain tomato juice. Dive into this brunch favorite with fun toppings.
This Ultimate Caesar Cocktail is a total Canadian classic. It’s Clamato juice based with a hit of vodka and the whole thing gets flavour and spice from ingredients like horseradish, worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Like most cocktails, it’s made quickly (in under 5 minutes). My favourite part? It has a snack built right in!
In the past, I absolutely did not like vegetable based juices. However, these days, I love ’em! Caesar? Yes, please. Gimme! Especially, when it’s this Ultimate Caesar Cocktail! What is something that you didn’t love, but now you do?
In case you were wondering what the difference between these two similar drinks (cause they kinda are), the main base of a Caesar is Clamato juice which is basically a pre-made mix combining both tomato and claim juice. A bloody mary, on the other hand, is tomato juice based. Don’t like Clamato juice? No worries! Make a bloody mary by subbing in tomato juice.
Vodka is a pretty neutral tasting spirit. If you prefer, you can omit the vodka altogether and have this baby virgin style and it will still be equally delish! Truthfully, I love the snack served on top of the caesar just as much as the actual drink; both components are pretty awesome! I love mine extra spicy ’cause that’s how I roll, but you can adjust the hot sauce to your taste if you like it a little milder – I’m not gonna judge!
- ½ tsp celery salt
- 1 cup Clamato juice (or your favourite veg juice)
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 tsp horseradish
- 3-4 dashes worcestershire sauce
- 3-4 dashes tabasco or to taste
- ½ lime -juiced
- pinch tsp black pepper
- ice -to top glass
- 1 piece pickled green bean
- 2 slices salami (your favourite)
- 2 pieces sweet onions
- 2 pieces green olives
- 1 wooden skewer -big enough to cover a little more than your glass
- 1 stalk celery
- Place celery salt on a small plate. Wet glass rim with lime wedge and dip into celery salt to coat.
- In a tall glass add Clamato juice, vodka, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, tabasco sauce, lime juice and pepper. Use a spoon and stir to combine. Top with ice cubes.
- On wooden skewer, garnish as desired (I like pickled beans, salami, sweet onion and olives). Place over top of glass and add celery stick. Enjoy!