Take your mac and cheese to a whole new rich and delicious level with this truffled recipe.
Did someone give you a giant bottle of Truffle Oil? You should make this recipe from Del Frisco’s Grille
Truffled Mac and Cheese
Serves: 2 servings
- ¼ cup diced shallots
- ¼ cup chopped garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz. shredded Gruyere (or swiss)
- 2 oz. grated parmesan
- 2 cup dry radiatore pasta (any pasta with grooves will do).
- Sweat garlic and shallots till garlic browns slightly.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a boil then simmer
- Reduce by ⅓
- Add gruyere and parmesan season to taste with salt and pepper. Reserve.
Pasta and Assembly
- Bring 12 cups of water and 6 Tbsp of salt to a boil
- Add pasta and stir to prevent sticking
- Once pasta is cooked, strain and add to sauce
- Stir pasta in with sauce over low heat.
- Place in a 4×4 square gratin dish
- Top with ½ cup Bread Crumbs, bake in a 400 degree oven till bread crumbs start to brown.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with a good quality truffle oil (should have truffle in the oil)