Dig into a slice of this decadent and beautiful dessert, perfect for chocolate lovers. This triple chocolate tart is layered with a chocolate graham cracker crust, chocolate filling and chocolate ganache, finished with fresh berries.
You won’t believe how easy to make it is. Great for casual birthdays, potlucks and parties.
Everyone in my family loves chocolate. The truth is that I don’t make chocolate desserts as often as I’d like to. Every time I share a chocolate dessert on the blog, it is a hit. I know most of you guys like chocolate. I’ll make sure I post recipes with chocolate more often from now on.
For the filling and dark chocolate on tip, I used 70% cocoa dark chocolate. I love Trader Joe’s brand.
You can use bittersweet chocolate, if you are not a fan of dark chocolate.
For the chocolate graham cracker crust, I used regular graham crackers, which I mixed with unsweetened cocoa powder, brown sugar and butter. This is how I make chocolate graham cracker crust, but it could be even easier for you, if you get your hands on some chocolate graham crackers. My local store did nit have them and I really don’t have the time to go to another store. Good thing, I can make the chocolate graham crust myself.
You’ll also need a round tart pan, with a removable bottom. It is very important that it has a removable bottom, otherwise getting the slices out is impossible. I use this Nordic Ware tart pan.
Then you bake the tart crust and let it cool completely.
To make the filling you need 5 simple ingredients – dark chocolate, eggs, heavy cream, salt and vanilla.
You need to bake the tart with the filling for about 20 minutes.
I’d like to remind you that I’m not a fan of overly sweet desserts. This dark chocolate tart may taste bitter to those of you, who don’t like dark or even bittersweet chocolate. Consider adding extra sweetener to the crust (sugar) and the filling and feel free to make the ganache with milk chocolate. The taste will be different, but I just wanted to make sure you are aware that this chocolate tart is not too sweet, but a little bitter and with rich dark chocolate flavor. Hope you can understand this.
Did you see the edible gold leaf pieces on top? Totally optional, I like them for garnishing. They make my simple desserts look fancy.
- 12 graham crackers
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp sugar optional
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 10 oz dark chocolate 70% cocoa
- 1⅓ cups heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Click the link above
- 2 cups berries fresh for garnishing
- Place graham crackers in a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs.
- In a bowl, combine graham crackers, cocoa powder, sugar (optional) and butter. Mix with a spatula to combine.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Press mixture to the bottom and sides (1/2 to ¾ inch to the sides, not to the top) of an 9 -inch tart pan.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, until browned. Cool completely.
- Heat heavy cream to a boil and remove from heat.
- Place chocolate in a bowl and pour cream over it. Let it stand for 1 minute, then whisk to combine. Let the mixture stand at room temperature for 4 more minutes.
- Beat eggs with a whisk. Add salt and vanilla.
- Slowly add eggs to the warm chocolate mixture, stirring constantly.
- Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve.
- Pour on top of the crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until set. Cool to room temperature.
- Click the link above.